Bad Move American Idol…

10 Apr

So I am sure many of you caught the American Idol Gives Back benefit concert last night. From what I saw of it they had a great show, lots of entertainers… well you might have seen the last song sung by the contestants, “Shout to the Lord.” I was very shocked at first then became frustrated with it. I found the clip on youtube and started reading the comments… people were very excited that they sang that song and “praised Jesus” but if you watch the clip they took Jesus out of the song. I have sat here for a little while trying to figure out why it has bothered me so much. The only thing i can think of, other than the basic observations that i thought were weird, is that they took Jesus out of the song and then having ben stiller come out after and just start cussing… It doesn’t surprise me about taking Jesus out, but the cussing thing at the end. I have already lost respect for Ben Stiller before seeing this but man… if they really thought that was that funny move it to the middle of the show, not right after you have a 50 person choir come out and sing Shout to the Lord… i don’t get it.

You can see the youtube clip:

-To add to the strangeness the only movement they were doing was the awkward mom chaperone dance from junior high (that just made me laugh).
-Then out comes the “gospel” choir, at least that is what people are calling them because they all had matching robes.
-The song just felt out of place and forced, I know it wasn’t a voluntary song to sing for the contestants. I am hoping that it meant something to some of them.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Bad Move American Idol…”

1. Dana April 10, 2008 at 9:22 pm #

Yes, this was quite strange and very awkward. But I did laugh at the side-stepping “mom chaperone dance.” Haha. Good post.

2. Rick T April 11, 2008 at 2:39 am #

I get sick every time I see musicians drag out the “gospel” choir, swayin’ and clappin’ to give soul-cred to the act. It’s so routine you can almost predict the moment they should appear.
    In defense of the “Jesus” omission, after listening closely, it sounds as if one person flubbed the lyric and the others followed. Archuletta is the prime suspect but it could have been any of the three singing.
    Every participant looked uncomfortable, as if they would rather be singing something else. Even when they reprised the performance Thursday night.
    It may be a long time before I raise that song in worship. It sounded like any other pop ballad.

3. Tracy April 11, 2008 at 3:06 am #

I feel the same way…I caught only the tail end of it when it aired…so I pulled it up on u tube this morn…it wasn’t till I was humming it a bit later that I realized….they changed the word Jesus..to Shepherd. What the heck! I was shocked they even did that song…and had been reflecting on that cause earlier that day I had just caught a bit of Oprah …she lauched her new church which made me SICK…and then Idol ends the night without Jesus in a song that the writer intended to say JESUS!! I don’t get it either. I did think the vocals were pretty…but wondered if any of them truly knew Jesus as the Lord of their life. Great post!!!

4. Doragon February 18, 2013 at 11:38 am #

The hair straighener ctaeres the hair you want, is used to straighten hair, high-temperature electronics. The main body of the temperature through a heat conduction to a metal plate or ceramic plate surface, the surface temperature is set at 200 degrees, through which heat up 200 degrees of the splint to straighten the hair.No one can ignore in the fashionworld exists. In the world-famous Christian Louboutin red soles and heels of the two types of features. In Europeand the United States, a chase of a large number of hot stars. When you see a red soles you can certainly figure out it out, that is Christian Louboutin shoes. Has become a symbol of red shoes, as it appeared.However, you never forget the beauty of Christian Louboutin shoes Christian Louboutin to you. You do not even out of the interior of the case, and your slim, beautiful and elegant legs are easily the human eye. Now you have the opportunity to be part of, you only need chooes the one you like. copies offered on the market now can get a good price the first attractive Louboutin shoes all the features. Repeat all the original brand includesexciting features. Original Louboutin shoes are the only one recognized by the shiny red signature mark.

5. rduzukh February 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm #

T5OOaj xtoqkbcqpfvn

6. nqbjvyf February 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm #

yuY804 hflfwmumhsgy

7. Kimberly July 24, 2014 at 6:36 pm #

I see a lot of interesting articles on your page.
    You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of work, there is a tool that creates high quality, SEO friendly posts in couple of seconds, just type in google – k2 unlimited content