New York here I come…? Maybe? Please?

19 Jan

On January 11th, I went to FedEx and mailed my application to the DGA Assistant Directors Training Program. Only to notice later that I misspelled a big word on my resume, I rushed back up there to change it…thankful that it didn’t get picked up yet.

Basically this is a 2 year training program, I would live in New York, get paid, and get placed on movies and tv shows to work with other directors. Past trainees have worked on things like Dan in Real Life, Ugly Betty, Ladder 49, Julie and Julia…yeah not a bad gig huh?

I will be going to New York in February to take a test. After that I will know if I have made it to Phase 2 of the process. I would greatly appreciate your prayers, If you are interested in reading the paper I had to write for the program let me know. I will keep you updated.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “New York here I come…? Maybe? Please?”

1. Rachel! January 19, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

Bring it! New York wants you!!

2. sam February 18, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

Good luck. But don’t get your hopes up. Get ready to feel the hopelessness when you are in a room with hundreds of other people taking the test and realize that they take about 2% of them. But that being said, I’m am going to take the test for the 3rd time so see you there.

• rosanne February 18, 2010 at 8:52 pm #

have you ever gotten past the test?

• roseanne February 23, 2010 at 4:58 am #

Hey
        From one Roseanne to another I hope you did well. I was there and took the test as well. I was just googling to see if anyone posted any thoughts on how they did or if anyone ever got past to the interview as well.
        Let’s keep each other posted!

• Rosanne February 23, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

Hey there, thought the test was a little strange. Felt like a 6th grade SAT test. it will be hard to wait a month before we find anything out. but let me know what you hear…Good Luck

3. roseanne March 16, 2010 at 5:18 am #

Hey Roseanne,
    Got my letter! I passed the test! I have been invited for an interview! How did you do????

• Rosanne November 19, 2010 at 4:13 pm #